We look after your listening pleasure as well as the website you're reading right now !
Burna Boy and Spotify team up for custom curation, superhero creations, and legendary features in celebration of Nigerian Independence.
Spotify attempts to deepen its ties to the Nigerian music community with a Burna Boy takeover of the Black History is Now Spotify Hub. The initiative is launched in celebration of Nigerian Independence Day (October 1st) aligned with the BHIN Hub’s mission to “to recognize and celebrate Black creators and culture all year long—not just in February”.
The new collaboration comes on the heels of Burna boy’s latest album Twice As Tall and includes a playlist takeover of Black Superheroes which features Burna Boy’s own inspirational idols and personal predictions of the next Black music superstars. A small deck of Twice As Tall themed superhero cards were also created to top off the commemoration including Burna Boy (past, present, and future), his mother, car, and West African religious figures. Each card outlines the powers of each character and fans will have the opportunity to recreate their own Burna Cards with personal photos or videos through an exclusive Instagram AR filter.
Highlighting Burna Boy’s mother aka “The Namix” is fitting as her and Burna’s sister will co-curate Spotify’s Queen playlist to celebrate the pivotal roles women have had in shaping Burna Boy’s career.
The BHIN hub will also include The Elite 5 containing artist profiles of Burna’s five legendary music inspirations: Fela Kuti, Angelique Kidjo, Supercat, Bob Marley, Diddy) and The Giants Of Africa containing Burna’s personal curation of recent new releases and iconic albums from Nigerian icons.
Spotify has displayed its interest in African Music since the launch of its Afro Hub in 2018 which aims “to celebrate and educate fans with the continent’s diverse music cultures.” While the platform is still only available in South Africa among Sub Saharan African nations, Spotify has made strides to diversify its offering with playlists like African Heat (Hits), Peppeh (New Releases), or Classic Afropop (Classics).
Listen to artists like Teejay, Sauti Sol, Buju, and Koffee on Burna Boy’s Black Superheroes playlist now.
You know that Skinny Latte that you purchased on your way into work this morning....or that treat that you purchased en route home yesterday evening? How about if you just spared those couple of dollars and donated them to a worthy cause instead?
So here's the story. African FM is YOUR radio station. We're not some big conglomerate profit spinning radio giant. Nope. We're a small voluntary project where everybody who works here does it for free, and gives up some of their very hectic schedule in order to bring YOU amazing entertaining every hour, every day, every week. Running a station like African FM costs money....fact. So in order to survive we need support...support from listeners like YOU. Without your support, African FM won't be around. It really is that simple.
So please....instead of that Latte tomorrow morning, or going large - supersizing that fast food order, please donate your spare few dollars to African FM to really really help our cause continue and grow.
It's super easy to donate to African FM. We've set up a PayPal donate button which of course means it's totally safe and secure.
9 Live has 18 new songs including dance tunes, sexy ballads, hip-hop, afrobeats, and social commentary; all of the elements that we’ve come to expect from an Emmerson Bockarie record.
Also on the album are collaborations with Sierra Leone’s finest artists including; Drizilik, Markmuday, Star Zee, Heyden Adama, 2 Flames, Mr. One, Kracktwist & Samza.
9 Lives is the seventh studio album from Emmerson who got his first big break with “Tutu Party” and “Borboh Belle. He has other albums like: 2 Fut Arata (2007), Yesterday Betteh Pass Tiday (2010), Rise (2012), Kokobeh (2013), Home and Away (2014), and Survivor (2016).
To find out how you can order the album head over to Emmerson’s Official Website.
So you're an emerging or established musician....or a band looking for exposure to a wider audience. You've hit the jackpot! African FM welcomes submissions from cutting edge, emerging and established artists looking to get their new songs out to a global audience. We have supported a number of great artists on their journey to musical stardom! We airplay the very best in World Music. So...what are you waiting for?
If you have a song, an album, a bio, or news about an upcoming release or tour, then send to us here at African FM today! We'll consider your song(s) for airplay on our station to thousands of listeners all over the globe. We'll also consider highlighting your album release or tour on our main webpage for free!
Remember that by uploading your music - you are confirming -
The Band, Artist, Recording Company or Copyright Holder(s) of the submitted material ("Copyright Owner") hereby grants African FM and its licensees and assigns (www.african.fm - "African FM" ) the following authorisations:
1. Copyright Owner hereby expressly grants to African.fm a non-exclusive worldwide license to digitally transmit, on a non-interactive basis, the sound/video recordings, and the musical composition(s) embodied therein, as specified in this Broadcast Release Agreement.
2. Copyright Owner hereby expressly grants to African.fm a non-exclusive worldwide license to digitally transmit, as part of an non-interactive, non-subscription music program or channel, selections from the sound/video recordings, and the musical compositions embodied therein, specified in this Broadcast Release Agreement.
3. Neither African.fm nor the Copyright Owner shall pay to the other any compensation with respect to the transmissions and reproductions authorised herein.
4. This agreement waives rights to pay Airplay royalties, performance royalties, sound recording licenses, mechanical rights licenses on a complete and totally nonexclusive basis.
5. Copyright Owner represents and warrants to African.fm: (a) that the Copyright Owner has the right to authorise African.fm to reproduce, publicly perform the listed sound recordings and the musical compositions embodied therein; (b) that the Copyright Owner has the right and authority to license all rights granted herein, including, but not limited to, copyright and trademark rights'; performance rights and sound recording rights; (c) that the respondant has been authorised to execute this Broadcast Release Agreement on behalf of the Copyright Owner.
6. Copyright Owner hereby agrees to indemnify and hold African.fm, its officers, directors, employees, agents and assigns, harmless from any fees, penalties, liabilities, claims, losses or damages (including reasonable attorneys' fees) incurred by African.fm as a result of African.fm's transmission, retransmission and/or distribution of the sound recordings and/or musical compositions embodied therein which are identified above in accordance with the terms of this Broadcast Release Agreement or as a result of all other rights granted to African.fm in connection with such sound recordings, musical compositions, trademarks and other intellectual property in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
7. Copyright Owner further grants African.fm a worldwide, non-exclusive royalty-free license right to use, transmit and display, in connection with the transmissions authorized herein, the name of the sound recording and the musical compositions embodied therein, the composers, the performers, and, if provided by or on behalf of the Copyright Owner, the logo of the performers, biographical information, album graphics and photographs of the performers.
8. The authorisation granted pursuant to this Broadcast Release Agreement may be revoked at any time by the Copyright Owner, provided that the parties agree that such revocation shall become effective only ten (10) days after written notice of such revocation is received by African.fm
9. This Authorisation will be governed in accordance with the internal substantive laws of the United Kingdom, without regard to its conflicts of law principles.