Latest Global Music
Mavin Records golden boy Rema has ignited hope amongst ravers that his highly anticipated debut album will be dropping soon.
Rema had already shared the title of his album months ago but since then remained silent over the project. The album titled 'Rave& Roses' was expected to be made available before the of the year. And after several months of keeping off the subject, Rema has dropped a hint that it is finally on its way.
In a tweet, alongside a short video of him in several studio sessions, the singer and songwriter said "Rave&roses, clock ticking" a statement that might simply be translated that the album will be coming sooner than later.
Rema has already had an impressive 2021, dropping two major hits 'Soundgasm' and 'Bounce' as well as a number of features.
He recently received two nominations at the MOBO Awards for the Best International Act and Best Africa Act - one of the only two Nigerian artists alongside Wizkid to be nominated in two categories.
Welcome to the wonderful world of African FM - your global African orientated online radio station. We've been in operation since 2001. In fact, we're one of the longest established Afri-centric global stations around! Staffed completely by volunteer broadcasters - many with distinguished careers on radio stations all over the world, we bring the widest range of entertainment and news to the diaspora. We think we must be doing something right as we're the most popular African station on the world's number one radio player app - Tunein - with over 21,600 followers. Add to that over 16,000 monthly listeners from over 150 countries - and now you begin to get the idea about our 'radio family'. Why not join in the fun today !
XYZ Entertainment CEO and Hip-hop star Bobby East has broken his silence on the state of Zambia’s music industry, hailing local artists for doing so much with so little.
The ‘Toxic’ hit maker says that he’s realized Zambian artists are the most gifted in the world.
“Zambian artists are some of the most gifted in the world and I’ll tell you why...It’s amazing what my peers can do with the little resources they have available to them,” he says.
He adds that while none of the artists are signed to globally renowned record labels, the still make big moves in the industry even when the odds are stuck against them.
“We are not signed to any of the gatekeeper record labels so the algorithm doesn’t work in our favor...When you go on streaming sites, you have to search for Zambian content whilst a new Davido record is the first thing you see when you log on.
“A typical international hit will have more than 5 writers, producers and AnR people before it even gets out. Over here my brother T Sean is recording a whole album written and produced entirely by him, He will then get on this app and market it himself and that example applies to a lot of us,” he says.
He lauded Zambian record labels for doing more than enough in ensuring that they do all they can to push music. Bobby asked fans to support artists by picking their favourite art work and share it.
So you're an emerging or established musician....or a band looking for exposure to a wider audience. You've hit the jackpot! African FM welcomes submissions from cutting edge, emerging and established artists looking to get their new songs out to a global audience. We have supported a number of great artists on their journey to musical stardom! We airplay the very best in World Music. So...what are you waiting for?
If you have a song, an album, a bio, or news about an upcoming release or tour, then send to us here at African FM today! We'll consider your song(s) for airplay on our station to thousands of listeners all over the globe. We'll also consider highlighting your album release or tour on our main webpage for free!
Remember that by uploading your music - you are confirming -
The Band, Artist, Recording Company or Copyright Holder(s) of the submitted material ("Copyright Owner") hereby grants African FM and its licensees and assigns (www.african.fm - "African FM" ) the following authorisations:
1. Copyright Owner hereby expressly grants to African.fm a non-exclusive worldwide license to digitally transmit, on a non-interactive basis, the sound/video recordings, and the musical composition(s) embodied therein, as specified in this Broadcast Release Agreement.
2. Copyright Owner hereby expressly grants to African.fm a non-exclusive worldwide license to digitally transmit, as part of an non-interactive, non-subscription music program or channel, selections from the sound/video recordings, and the musical compositions embodied therein, specified in this Broadcast Release Agreement.
3. Neither African.fm nor the Copyright Owner shall pay to the other any compensation with respect to the transmissions and reproductions authorised herein.
4. This agreement waives rights to pay Airplay royalties, performance royalties, sound recording licenses, mechanical rights licenses on a complete and totally nonexclusive basis.
5. Copyright Owner represents and warrants to African.fm: (a) that the Copyright Owner has the right to authorise African.fm to reproduce, publicly perform the listed sound recordings and the musical compositions embodied therein; (b) that the Copyright Owner has the right and authority to license all rights granted herein, including, but not limited to, copyright and trademark rights'; performance rights and sound recording rights; (c) that the respondant has been authorised to execute this Broadcast Release Agreement on behalf of the Copyright Owner.
6. Copyright Owner hereby agrees to indemnify and hold African.fm, its officers, directors, employees, agents and assigns, harmless from any fees, penalties, liabilities, claims, losses or damages (including reasonable attorneys' fees) incurred by African.fm as a result of African.fm's transmission, retransmission and/or distribution of the sound recordings and/or musical compositions embodied therein which are identified above in accordance with the terms of this Broadcast Release Agreement or as a result of all other rights granted to African.fm in connection with such sound recordings, musical compositions, trademarks and other intellectual property in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
7. Copyright Owner further grants African.fm a worldwide, non-exclusive royalty-free license right to use, transmit and display, in connection with the transmissions authorized herein, the name of the sound recording and the musical compositions embodied therein, the composers, the performers, and, if provided by or on behalf of the Copyright Owner, the logo of the performers, biographical information, album graphics and photographs of the performers.
8. The authorisation granted pursuant to this Broadcast Release Agreement may be revoked at any time by the Copyright Owner, provided that the parties agree that such revocation shall become effective only ten (10) days after written notice of such revocation is received by African.fm
9. This Authorisation will be governed in accordance with the internal substantive laws of the United Kingdom, without regard to its conflicts of law principles.